“Don’t underestimate quiet people. We know more than we say, think more than we speak and observe more than you know.”
Have you ever had a moment where you feel like you are in a different world?
Having self-thoughts, prefers to be alone, enjoys solitude, independent, and/or don’t want to be surrounded by lots of people are just some of the characteristics of Introversion. I’m one of those people.
A lot of people were saying that it is not good to be one as it has lots of downsides. Some of them says I am weird, snobbish, boring, rude, uptight, etc.. It’s not new for us. It may look like a bad thing for most of the people but this kind of personality has its advantages as well. Some of those are:
- Good Listener – We tend to listen twice as much as we speak. We have two ears and one mouth for a reason.
- We concentrate best when alone. We embrace solitude.
- Independent – We do not rely to other people or things that much.
- We have the ability to focus for a longer period of time.
- We most likely have lesser but greater friends.
- We don’t get bored easily since we use our imagination most of the tine, we can just go in a quiet place and reflect about things we’ve done in the past, that happened to us, that is currently happening or that we want to happen/have in the future.
In short, it may look like there’s a lot of disadvantages for being an introvert but there’s more to just being a loner and shy if you’re in our shoes. All we need to have is your understanding, patience and trust.